Morgantown Birth Injury Lawyer
Compassionate Representation in Monongalia County & throughout West Virginia
The birth of your child should be a joyous occasion, not a devastating experience. Unfortunately, sometimes birth injuries take place that leave babies severely impaired for life. If you and your child experienced a medical error that resulted in a birth injury, you need an aggressive advocate on your side. Affected babies may need surgeries, physical therapy, and extended medical care, resulting in tremendous expense. At Hayhurst Law, our attorney is experienced and provides his clients with unwavering compassion and tenacity. We are here to guide you through this difficult time, help you to understand what happened, and fight to protect your rights.
Call Hayhurst Law at (304) 840-0999 to put an experienced birth injury attorney in Morgantown on your side.
Common Types of Birth Injury
Medical professionals such as doctors, nurses, and midwives are expected to know how to properly provide care before, during, and after birth. When blatant misconduct takes place by professionals who know better, serious injuries can result. Birth injuries can range from moderate and temporary to severe and permanent and can significantly impact the life of your child.
Common types of birth injuries include:
- Brachial plexus injuries — This is when damage is inflicted to the bundle of nerves that run from the top of the spine through the neck, shoulder, arm, and hand. Injuries can range from moderate and temporary to severe and permanent.
- Bone fractures — Newborns experience broken bones most often in complicated deliveries. Depending on the severity of the break, the baby may be suffering considerably.
- Perinatal asphyxia — This is when a newborn is not receiving a sufficient amount of oxygen. Serious consequences of this include labored breathing, pale complexion, seizures, coma, and shock, which can lead to permanent neurological damage.
- Spinal cord injuries — This can be caused by the use of forceps, traumatic nerve damage, or meningeal tears and can result in paralysis and permanent neurological problems.
- Cerebral palsy — This is often caused by an obstetrician making a preventable mistake and injuring the child during the pregnancy, during birth, or after birth. The effects of this include compromised movement, senses, posture, muscle coordination, and intellectual abilities.
Everyone makes mistakes, but when these mistakes significantly impair your child’s well-being, you need to know what to do.
What to Do If Your Child Incurs a Birth Injury
If your child has suffered at the hands of a medical professional who neglected to follow proper procedures, you need an experienced attorney that you can trust. You may be entitled to compensation that can drastically ease the burden of being able to provide your child with the care that they need. Our attorney works directly with each of his clients to ensure they are fully informed at every stage of their case. We are equipped with the knowledge, resources, experience, and compassion that it takes to aggressively pursue compensation for you and your child. We are available after hours and on weekends by appointment to discuss the details of your case and to determine the optimal solution for your case.
He was always there for me.- Angela
Expertly guided me through the difficulties of a personal injury lawsuit.- Judy
I have always been impressed with his intellect and hard work.- Richard D.
I highly recommend his services for anyone looking for professional and efficient legal services.- Jessica E.
I am happy with the outcome and what he was able to accomplish on my behalf.- Tracy D.
$2 Million Wrongful Death Car Accident
Head-on collision between SUV and box truck.
$1.1 Million Car Accident - Spinal Cord Injury
$350 Thousand Medical Malpractice
$300 Thousand Car Accident
$225 Thousand Slip & Fall
Limit of Available Insurance Single Vehicle Rollover Accident
$125 Thousand Auto vs. Tow-Truck Collision
$122.5 Thousand Car Accident
$105 Thousand Slip & Fall
$100 Thousand Car Accident
Head-on collision involving a DUI driver.
We are prepared to do what it takes to get clients the recovery they deserve, including going to trial.
Accessible to Clients
Attorney Eric Hayhurst is committed to handling cases directly & making himself available to clients.
Successful Track Record
Eric Hayhurst has recovered millions of dollars in verdicts & settlements on behalf of the injured.
Committed to the Community
Native to West Virginia, Eric Hayhurst is dedicated to serving the injured throughout the community.
Trust your case to an aggressive and tenacious litigator with a successful track record of helping the injured. Attorney Eric Hayhurst is not afraid to go to trial and is dedicated to maximizing the compensation you deserve.